Total Pageviews

Sunday, July 7, 2013

3 Wishes

ZZZZZZZZZ… Someone is screaming in my ear with a completely irritating tone. I was so angry that I literally wanted to shove whatever I could grab in their lousy noise maker they called mouth. So I grabbed the nearest things I could lay my eyes on and woke up. Saw the time; it was 8am, dammit, I could get ready and go to office within 15min, snoozed the alarm and went back to sleep.

Hence the day started in the monotony of chaotic interference that we enjoy as life. Before I could dive deeper into the perfect philosophy of a Buddhist hermit, the alarm rang again. Time to run and create a new record in getting ready to office. May be if they make this an Olympic event, I could have a fighting chance.. hmm.. dammit I’m late.

Run, run, run, is what I did until my legs could feel no pain to catch the cab which never arrived. Waiting forever under the trees and observing the chaotic movement of other people buried deep into their own thoughts and work and feeling unnecessarily awkward of the fact that I staring at every cab that goes past me and every person going past me. Would someone think of me as a creep for staring at them? Could I pass off as a crook in the eyes of that cop at the traffic signal. May be I should become a gangster?? No its too violent. May be I should become some kind of a super hero capturing these gangster?? No that is not reality. May be I could kill them with a magnum sniper. Yea, that is what I should do. I should totally get a magnum sniper, train and become a contract killer that takes out only gangsters. A vigilanty. I should be so good that I leave no trace behind. I should be able to hit targets even when they are moving fast. It will be like, like, a gangster is going in his van , and I would have my sniper aimed from 2 kms away on a tower and …  wait … my cab is here.. at last, I could have slept more.

The new world of social interaction were people find solace in sharing interest and empathy and a compelling circumstance of involvement. Man I should say it feels good. And before you know it, I have not spoken a single word for 40min of travel in a traffic ridden city. Shit, I was just hearing other people talking and imagining responses in my mind and trying to get a better response each time.

Well glad that is over, I’m going to my world. My seat, my computer, my free internet. Checking the latest mails to find how much I've screwed up yesterday and only to find and realize that the work till now for the past many years was insignificant and no one cares. But still end up having a to-do list of works. How did that happen?? I don’t know. I don’t even know why they pay me for this. Any way ….. Work…. A beautiful boredom. Its just that the word "work" makes everything look dull even though this was like a life ambition and achievement. May its because we do the same thing again and again and again until we loose interest, no that’s not true, there are few times that I find what I do actually interesting, Its just something about that word “work”. Ahh just thinking about it is tiring. Let me see I can do that , this and definitely not that, too bored to-do that, oh well might as well finish this.. oh wait, Hurray!! Its time, 6.30pm, get out J.

Back to the awkward social circumstance of small talk in cab. At least this time I have to make a conversation. And I utter an inaudible word half way through the journey. With the guilt and patheticness filled mind that noone heard what I said, I get down at my stop after 45min. The traffic sure increases each and every time I travel.
Man I’m beat; I think there should be some left over from yesterday's food and some juice or something to drink. I’m so beat up that I’m going to eat and sleep for hours. And that’s what I do.

On a daily basis

Over

And

Over

Again

This night I had a bad sleep since I slept with the belt on and I did not remove my glasses. I woke up at “I don’t want to see the time” hour of the night. I removed my glasses and was about the shut the eyes, then something twinkled at the corner. I shut my eyes anyway. May be it was nothing. May be it was some light from window. May be it was a murderer in the house with the knife!! Damn, now I have to see what it is. So went there reluctantly, it was nothing. It was just a lamp. Off to bed. WAIT. Why do I have a lamp? I go back again to grab hold of it to jog my memory as to get that idiotic moment that I might have spent my money on such things. This time I find more sparkle pouring out. What the hell is this, water?  Just some dust? While the mind was still trying to make some sense, the sparkles started to take shape.
Shit. No way. No no no no no no. I need glasses. Oh GOD there is some idiot that is filled with sparkles. What the hell is he?

“Hi Sir, I’m the gene that resides in this jar, Since you have released me I will grant you 3 wishes.”

My mind goes, WTF!!!!! This is impossible. Oh well it should be a dream, might as well give it a try.
Let me see, 3 wishes, I don’t know what I want. I just don’t know. I ‘m not some saint who knows exactly what I need, hmm. If I mess with anything in the past, then it would lead to a time space continuum problem. So that is not happening. Hmm. Ahhh. I’m getting a headache. Yes I know.

Wish 1: “I wish to know everything”

Yes that should do it, then I could know what to wish for in the next 2 wishes.

“And it shall be done” with a wave of a hand and sparkles flaying all over.

This point in time I came to slowly realize that he is actually magical creature that was trapped by a superior power. So which means there are things and forces more than atomic, magnetic, etc., So there are still things to be discovered. Let me think. Now that I could get to know everything, I could get everything. All the money in the world. But money is just a trade chip that was created for people to exchange. A chip to get a fair exchange, but which has been obscured beyond meaning and doubt by few, to have more value than it is actually worth and made as a dependency only to realize that this might become a weapon in the more economic minded. But in the end, its just a way of pursuit for something called and mentioned and celebrated as happiness. But the happiness is mostly in the process of getting money and trading it and not in the actual currency, well unless you actually go and design the elaborate patterns in the modern day currency. So its just happiness. Sure I could get that. But what are we. Why should we be happy? Its just a state of having less fear, inducing the greater survival in the evolutionary cycle. What happens if I’m actually happy which could be achieved effectively when I’m comfortable? I live longer. What happens If I live longer? I could potentially alter the flow of history. What happens if I change history? We as a species could and might live longer in happiness. What happens by ensuring the longevity of out species?.. .. .. Well we are still an insignificantly small speck in universe with no care and purpose. So eventually, we are insignificant and unnecessary, but still enjoy life with temporary and interim benefits which manipulate the electromagnetic signals in our brain to flow in a particular sequences. Hmm. I would have been happier If I didn’t know these things and just enjoyed life as an ignorant brat enjoying the awkward small talk and defining my life around pathetic purposes.

Let me see. So if this gene could grant me such enormous thinking ability. He should be very powerful and there is a good reason for him to be in that jar. If he would be released, back to the world with that much power, then things could go really out of hand. Soo

Wish 2: “I wish for you to seal yourself back in the lamp after the 3rd wish”

A very angry looking gene replied

“And it shall be done”

Wish 3: “I wish to forget all that I thought because of my 1st wish”


“And it shall be done” Said the gene.

With a loud scream, so much unlike how it came into existence, it went back into the lamp. The scream was so deafening that even after some time, I could still hear someone screaing in my ear. Please stop screming. Oh this is so irritating. I was so angry that I literally wanted to shove whatever I could grab in their lousy noise maker they called mouth. So I grabbed the nearest things I could lay my eyes on and woke up. Saw the time, it was 8am

No comments:

Post a Comment